This is the most common question we get about the party on the trail. The reason we're sticking with the name is this:
1. The average age of a first time buyer is nearly 40.
2. More under-40s do not vote than all the people that elected the current administration
We believe these 2 key factors are central and integral
High rents, high property prices and high taxes on output and employment are crippling the economy. This is unanswerable today. The direct results are low wages and profits, making homes for all, employment and capital formation extremely difficult. The incentive is to invest as much as possible in more parasitical property assets. There are no bigger factors than this destroying the economy, in all places. So this is the root we are targeting.
No politician is allowed to talk about it because those already with snouts in the trough are property owners and will become unelectable if they even think about it. All successful politicians today are there to prop up rents, property prices and taxes. The party politics is irrelevant. Labour = Conservative. Left = Right. People are right when they say they do not know who to vote for. We call this condition - "Forbidden Knowledge".
Therefore the following is our rational policy:
1. Older people are already doing fine on the property ladder. Like turkeys, they do not vote for Xmas. In general. Therefore we do not want their vote. They can keep it. Its pointless trying. Period.
2. People of whatever age aspiring to a career in trough snouting can also keep their vote. No parasites seeking a job with the 1% here please.
3. Most people under 40 are doing very badly indeed, unable to get a home of their own. In general. They are not stupid either, so will not vote for something they cannot get. So vote NOTA. This is exactly the vote we are going after.
We need as much support as possible to show them there are others who care about the future of people of all ages and classes. And that it is worth starting to vote.
This is why we formed YPP. This is our strategy. We are certain of it. We need your help to carry this message forward. Not your advice on a better name. A different name will only improve our chances marginally.
Candidate "in elections anywhere" for the Young People's Party.